So, my family is busy. Like so busy we barely have time to eat breakfast in the morning before we are all running out the door with different errands and plans for the day. Something I always promised myself was that no matter how crazy our day was, we would always sit down and have dinner together.
With late work days I don’t always have the time to make a fancy meal before everyone comes home for the evening. So what do I (and most women these days) resort to? The trusty Crock pot.
My mother in law shared this recipe with me year’s ago and I thought it would be the perfect recipe to kick start this new recipe section of the blog.
Beef stroganoff is a favorite in our household and being able to make this meal in the crockpot (with just a minor amount of cooking once finished) is a MUST for everyone!
My mother in law has Celiac Disease (Gluten Allergy) which means we always use corn start in place of flour and gluten free pasta. It’s amazing how such a yummy recipe can be gluten!
Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Prep Time - 20 Minutes
Total Cook Time - 7-8 Hours
2lbs Beef Roast
32 Oz Beef Broth
2Tbs Olive Oil
3Tbs Montreal Steak Seasoning
3Tbs Worcestershire Sauce (Soy Sauce works)
2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
16oz Sour Cream
3-4Tbs Flour (Corn Starch Optional
30oz Fettuccine Pasta
(Gluten Free Optional)
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1. Pour Olive oil into heated skillet on high. Season Roast with Montreal Steak Seasoning, sear each side.
2. Place into Crockpot.Add Minced Garlic, Beef Broth and Worcestershire Sauce.
3. Set Crockpot to Low, Cook for 6-7 Hours.
4. Once Roast is done. Remove from Crockpot, Shred Roast and set aside for later. Pour beef juices into large skillet set on medium heat.
5. Add Sour Cream to skillet. Bring to a boil, whisking to break up the sour cream.
6. In a small bowl, combine flour (or corn starch) with 4-6Tbs water (or Worcestershire Sauce for more flavor), this should make a watery paste. Add paste to skillet, whisking quickly to keep lumps from forming. Bring to boil. Continue whisking, reduce to medium heat.
7. Cook Fettuccini Pasta according to the box directions.
8. Sauce should be thickening. If not add 1-2Tbs more of the flour paste and repeat step 6. Remove from heat. Pour Shredded Beef into sauce pan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
9. Pour Stroganoff sauce over Fettuccini pasta warm. Serve with steamed Brussels sprouts or asparagus.